Almost a decade ago I began a tradition of sharing a personal blog on the first day of the year. I share my personal and business goals, stumbles, shifts, and dreams. This year is no different.
These are the goals I set out for myself in 2018:
- Finally launching my Idea Majesty website.
- Regularly producing content for Contest Queen, Maximize Social Business, CFA Promo, and Robert Ohotto.
- Create more online workshops, not just sweepstakes based.
- Get healthy, fit and strong.
- Contest on a regular basis!!
How did I do?
Well, not great.
2018 came with a tremendous amount of changes and adventures I could not foresee.
The Cliffs Notes version was:
- I went on my first romantic beach vacation. Puerta Plata is lovely.
- Both George and I purged our belongings. Far more difficult than it sounds.
- We renovated George’s home and bought new furniture. (Painted 5 rooms, changed the flooring in 3 and refinished the floors in 1.)
- My daughter and I moved in with him.
- We had a family friend pass away, and as George was the executor we have been sorting out his estate. (If I wasn’t a marketer I would be a professional organizer!)
- I spent as much time this summer as I could PIN Code hunting. A fantastic way to get exercise in first thing in the morning, plus all my efforts paid off. Not only did I win enough prizes to fill all our kid’s stockings, but I won my first trip in 10 years. Read my blog post: How Long Would You Wait To Win Big?
What did I accomplish?
With all the changes I only accomplished creating more workshops and contesting on a regular basis.
Which led me to create a different set of goals this year.
So, what are my 2019 goals and how can we make 2019 a year of abundance?
- Complete my Advanced Toastmasters Silver level before shifting over to the new Pathways program.
- Become Facebook Blueprint Certified.
- Finally, launch my Idea Majesty website and expand my marketing services. (A rollover goal from last year!)
- Let go of 1/2 weight I gained before we go on vacation I won.
Notice I have not put on any sweepstakes goals on my list. I would like to win 2 trips and a car, but business, personal growth, and health goals will be where I put my energy first.
How about that abundance I was talking about?
I plan on teaching you how to manifest abundance for yourself all throughout this year.
Start with an affirmation.
I begin my day with an affirmation. They used to be specific, but now I prefer to trust my path and have faith that what is meant for me will appear. Just as I open my eyes in the morning I say:
“I now choose to request and receive to live the perfume version of my soul contract. This or something better. Amen.”
Why do I ask for the perfume version of my life? And what is it?
I have spent the past 8 years learning from Robert Ohotto. He is my favorite teacher and mentor. What does Robert mean by living in different versions of life? He means you can live in various intensities. The higher the intensity, the more willing you are to face harsh truths and do deep inner work. To get a taste of his teachings, watch his videos or listen to his podcasts.
I believe the more inner work we do and take responsibility for EVERYTHING that is appearing in our lives, whether we label it good or bad, the easier it is to be abundant in all areas; health, wealth, love, etc.
You must believe you are lucky and a winner before you are. I won’t rewrite what I have already written, but you can learn more about how to change your thought patterns to positivity here:
- Is Luck Really a Skill?
- Is Luck Really a Skill? – Part II
- Language & Luck
- Feelin’ Lucky?
- How to (Truly) Improve Your Luck
- Make Your Own Luck
My first class will be held on Monday, January 7th at 7:30 pm ET in conjunction with Janet Miller of A Spirited Path.
I have a list of what I plan to teach this year, but what do you want to learn? Email me.
What are you going to do to make 2019 your year of abundance?
If you are new to me, you can read previous annual posts to see what goals I set, what I achieved, where I fell on my face and, most importantly, how I picked myself up and kept going:
- Where Have All The Blog Posts Gone? Part 1
- Where Have All The Blog Posts Gone? Part 2
- Where Have All the Blog Posts Gone? Part 3
- How to Make 2015 a Winning Year
- Make 2016 a Winning Year
- Let 2017 Be a Banner Winning Year
- What Are Your 2018 Winning Goals?
ON A FINAL NOTE
I know many of you like to track your wins. Here is the link to my annual 2019 Wins spreadsheet.