In 2010 I began a tradition of sharing a personal blog on the first day of the year. I share my personal and business goals, stumbles, shifts and dreams. This year is no different.
Here were the business and personal goals I set for myself for 2016:
- Finally publish How To Win Cash, Cars, Trips & More!
- Blog frequently, but only when I have something to say.
- Finish the redesign of ContestQueen.com and build IdeaMajesty.com.
- Achieve my Advanced Communicator Bronze designation in Toastmasters.
- Become healthy, fit and trim by eating healthy and exercising.
- Get back into a daily contesting habit.
How did I do?
- The big one for me was completing How To Win Cash, Cars, Trips & More! I put my head down, kept at it everyday and after 10 edits, plus layout I was finally able to go to print.
- ContestQueen.com is 90% completed. There a few pages I would like to add, but they are not critical to the site form or function.
- I did get my Toastmasters Advanced Communicator Bronze and am two speeches into my Silver designation.
I did not:
- Blog as often as I wanted to or should have. Especially after the book launched my writing dropped right off.
- My webmaster has all the content for IdeaMajesty.com but the project was put on hold as I had him build SweepsCon.com!
- Get healthy, fit or trim. Like many people I eat well, then I would stress eat. I exercise for weeks, then get over tired or sick for a few days and then it stops altogether.
- Get back into the daily habit of contesting. I need more hours in the day!
What I did that wasn’t on the list:
- Became one of the Lead Volunteers running SweepsCon this summer in California.
- I finished painting the first floor of my home. Finally the worst paint job every is gone!
- Started dating again. I met someone nice. We will see what happens in 2017 …
What do I want to achieve in 2017?!
I would like to achieve:
- Sell 5000 copies of How To Win Cash, Cars, Trips & More!
- Have 500 people attend SweepsCon this summer.
- Blog more frequently.
- Paint my home office.
Plus the same two I intend to achieve every year:
- Get healthy, fit and trim.
- Contest daily!
Life isn’t just about winning prizes. What are the goals you want to achieve this year? What are the dreams you want to chase in 2017?
What is going to make you feel like a winner?
If you are new to me, you can read previous annual posts to see what goals I set, what I achieved, where I fell on my face and, most importantly, how I picked myself up and kept going:
ON A FINAL NOTE
I know many of you like to track your wins. Here is the link to my annual My 2017 Wins spreadsheet.