After the article in The Hustle came out, there was a forum thread bashing sweepers and our hobby. I had to go online and rant.
I want sweepers to understand how their behavior may negatively influence sponsors, which creates those very misconceptions and misperceptions that we were bashed for.
Worse for me is that I am a marketer and a sweeper, so I sit on both sides of the table. I understand how we could be perceived as greedy. I blogged about those marketing misperceptions on Neal Schaffer’s website:
- Where Do “Professional Sweepers” Come From?
- How to Prevent “Prize Pigs” from Entering and Winning Your Sweepstakes
I want marketers to learn to discern between those that love entering and cheaters, plus identify their biggest fans and turning those cheerleaders into influencers.
This chat was originally filmed as a Facebook Live on Monday, July 8th, 2019.
Here are the links to the resources I mention in the video:
- Article: The women who win hundreds of sweepstakes per year
- Forum: Meet The Community That Always Seem To Win Online Sweepstakes
- Group: The Good Vibrations Sweepstakes Club
What are your thoughts on how we are perceived by those outside of the hobby?