I should learn to never say never. After I ran a sweepstakes convention in 2007 I vowed to never run another sweepstakes convention. Fast forward to 2016 and I teamed up with Courtney Sneller to run SweepsCon 2017!
So what happened to change my mind?
- The requests for me to run another convention never stopped.
- My schedule nor budget couldn’t accommodate the 2017 Annual National Sweepstakes Convention as it is a cruise.
- Cortney wanted to run one in advance of bidding for the National to garner some management experience.
As a sweeping buddy, Cortney contacted me for advice. I ended up volunteering to be her teammate to bring the fun and excitement of a convention to California.
The first thing Cortney did was to search for a location. Knowing our requirements we settled on the DoubleTree Orange County as it:
- had enough space,and reasonable room rates,
- was across the street from Outlets at Orange,
- was a mile from DisneyLand, with a free shuttle!
The next step was to select a theme, name and build a website. Unfortunately, our webmaster had a massive hard drive crash and lost all the work he did just before it launched. He had to start all over. Thankfully, it is up now and looks fantastic. I still have to write the content for a few more pages. Keep checking back as information, activities, speakers, sponsors and prizes will continually be added.
We already we have 4 amazing speakers booked!
- Kathy Partak: Radio Contests & Intentional Winning
- Mason Partak: Cooking Competitions
- Valerie Mitchell: Blog Contests
- Steve Ledoux: The Heyday of Sweeping
Due to the website delay, as of today, less than 100 have registered. We sell out at 500. Don’t wait too long to sign up as I am starting to get media coverage. Once word gets out to the general public, I believe it will sell out quickly.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook as we are going to start hosting giveaways in February! Anyone can enter. Not just attendees.
Will we see you in California this summer?