In light of the recent Facebook crack down on sweepers and contestors, changing personal pages to business pages, I promised to research the subject to find out if Facebook Groups are affected. It seems I am the only one writing about the topic at the moment, so there is nothing to look up. In that vein, I decided something had to be done, so I did. I created two groups: Share Your Sweepstakes and Share Your Contests.
These groups are designed as a safe place for you to share your sweepstakes without fear your personal page will be converted. The two main types of shares will be Facebook Timeline and Referral.
I wanted my Contest Queen Facebook page to ‘own’ the groups to limit exposure, but it turns out only personal pages can create a group. I am willing to take that chance as I am so passionate about this hobby, sharing and making it better for others.
These groups are Closed, but are free and anyone can join. If they get to large for me to manage alone, I add a few or you to help administrate.
For course, like every contest there has to be rules. The first eight are straight out of the book All I Really Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten.
1. Share everything. This one is obvious. That is the whole purpose of this group!
2. Play fair. We are also going to use this group to find new sweepstakes and/or help each other with referrals. I am a big believer in all boats rise with the tide. Let’s help each other be winners!
3. Don’t hit people. This group is for fun. This isn’t a forum for gossip, backbiting, drama, jealousy or being mean. If you are not nice, you will get warning (see rule #4), and if you still can’t play nice then you will be promptly removed.
4. Say you’re SORRY when you HURT somebody. You get one chance to apologize, as we all human and mistakes can be made. However, if you are the playground bully you will be promptly removed.
5. Live a balanced life – learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some. This means don’t come to this group and only take. Also, don’t only be a giver and constantly share. Do a bit of everything. Share giveaways. Help others win by using their link. Ask a question if you are lost. Give advice if needed. (NOTE: Tag me in the question if you specifically want me to answer.)
6. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together. Refer to rule #2. If we stick together, we can make the hobby better for everyone.
7. No vote requests. This is not a voting group. I can setup another group if there is the demand for it. However, if a voting contest has a referral link, please share that.
HOW TO RAISE THE TIDE
We have done this since day one in my contest club’s Facebook group. When one person posts a contest, the rest of start a UYL chain (Used Your Link). The first person clicks on the link and then posts their link in the comments. The next person uses the link in the comments then posts their link, and so on. We all get a chance to win and garner extra share entries.
As I expect both of these groups to get large, mistakes will happen. Someone will repost a sweepstakes already posted. That’s OK and I want everyone to remember rule #3 when it happens. It’s up to you which sharing chain you join.
Also, someone will always be first and someone will always be last. That’s OK too as it won’t always be you.
If you are lucky enough to win a prize from sharing in the group, please let us all know see rule #5). I love hearing when fellow contestors are lucky. I will admit I do get a bit jealous at times (still waiting to win my first car!), but I know one day it will be my turn to scream, shout and do a massive happy dance. When that times come I hope you will be as happy for me as I am for you when I hear you won a car, trip, cash, or even a small instant.
Will you join?